Tuesday 19 July 2011

Watch the birdy - it's not just humans who get fed by Gerry and Richard

Oh, tweety pie, over here, tweety pie.  Watch the birdie...

Great Tit
And here's another shot...

Same tit - smiling for the camera (you know what I mean - beak first)
And here's a Golden Nuthatch.


which, I learnt, feeds upside down.


It's not all birds either, there are flowers too - Gerry caught me munching a nasturtium leaf pre-lunch, but I didn't eat these.


The geese aren't real, although the rare wild orchids they're guarding are.  Incidentally, geese being used as guards have an honourable lineage.  They were used by the Romans to warn of the advance of the Gauls on the city.

Rare wild orchid
And here are some other flowers, just because they're really very lovely and they demonstrate once again Gerry and Richard's prowess.  Gerry also has an honourable track record of winning the flower arranging on more than one occasion at the village show - and being placed numerous times.

Tiger Lily - one of my personal favourites

Something pink and very lovely - knowledgeable people I need some help here.

A melange of loveliness

No comments:

Post a Comment