Tuesday 19 July 2011

Bury your face in my Frangipane


Yep, that is one moist Frangipane.  A favourite I might say of myself and my friend Dalston.  All I need is a text inviting me to consider whether "frangipanibamus hodie?" trans. shall we frangipane today from the original Latin and I feel a stirring inside at the mere thought.

Happily, the people who brought us Sablé d’Or in Crouch End have also brought us Boulangerie Bon Matin in Stroud Green.  Just down the road from the also rather lovely Front Room which has outside tables from where you can soak up the atmosphere of Tollington Park.  Anyway, back to BBM.  It's the same bakery as Sablé d’Or and so it is the same frangipane.  This one was plum - here is a better view of the plums.


Ooh, look, a crumb has got on top of my plum.  Another aerial shot, that tiny wee helicopter pilot is really doing overtime on the blog.

So, there I am all astir inside, knowing that when Dalston texts from Finsbury Park we will rendezvous 10 minutes later at BBM or the Front Room for coffee first.  We do still do this at times, although we've now discovered that thanks to competition, BBM has reduced the price of their macchiato (probably the other ones too) at least to Front Room prices.  Otherwise you know we'd just have a coffee at Front Room and then head up to BBM for the cake.


That Frangipane - talk about being a poseur.  You'd think I'd weary of takng shots of the moist almond crumb but not a bit of it.  Worth noting though that when I pulled the camera out and started taking snaps, Dalston did seem a bit perturbed and wondered (out loud) if I was all right.  "It's for the blog" said I - and will have to email him the link as a QED. 

So, here it is, the shot you've been waiting for.


Close up of the crumb, end of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment