Tuesday 27 September 2011

Eggs Benedict at The Vortex - I'm seeing double Muffin


Truth be told, I'd never had Eggs Benedict before.  But with all those gym sessions paying off, I more often think 'why not?  a little of what one fancies, in moderation, is a wonderful thing'.

And so it proved.


I think of Eggs Benedict as something which really is a restaurant dish.  It's not that a clever cook couldn't do it at home, it's just that timing seems to be of the essence.  So it is here.  Dalston and I were at The Vortex, sitting outside, on a sunny day with...


a perfectly toasted muffin; topped with thinly sliced real, proper ham (on the bone, you can tell by the taste); a perfectly poached free range egg; hollandaise (a bit thin, but then again, I'm being picky); and some rocket on the side; while children played and everyone had a good time. Quite heavenly, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment